The Faculty and Staff of the Department of Gender Studies are looking forward to sharing this wonderful occasion with you.
The following information pertains to the Department of Gender Studies Commencement ceremony only.
For info on the Letters and Science College ceremony, go to http://www.college.ucla.edu/commencement/
Our DEPARTMENTAL GRADUATION celebration will take place on
• Saturday, June 17th, 2017
• 3:00pm - 4:30pm
• Carnesale Commons - Palisades Room
• Seniors must arrive to the Palisades Room by 2:00pm assembled in cap and gown for the senior class photo.
• Contact the Dept. of Gender Studies main office 310-206-8101 with any questions
This is the only graduation ceremony at which you’ll be individually recognized.
The Departmental Celebration will include:
• Group picture prior to the start of the ceremony
• Procession of faculty, Ph.D. candidates and graduating seniors
• Naming of each graduating student
• Recognition of honors thesis and departmental awards recipients
• Closing remarks by the Chair
To Prepare for Graduation:
• Declare your Degree Expected Term via MyUCLA.
• Meet with Samantha Hogan during office hours (M-Th 11am-2pm) to confirm completion of Gender Studies requirements.
• Complete the Gender Studies commencement survey and booklet submission form, review the form for instructions and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org due May 11th.
• Complete all of the items listed in the .
Prior to Graduation Day:
• Review the College Commencement website for general information, timeline and key dates.
• Check announcements posted to MyUCLA.
• Attend one of the graduation workshops offered through the College. To view the workshop schedule, visit MyUCLA and click on the “services” button at the top of the page.
• Complete the "College Senior Survey" available on your MyUCLA.
• Beginning March 1st, you can order your cap, gown, and tassel from Graduation Etc.
• Online ticket ordering details will be posted in spring quarter.
• Tickets will be available for pickup from the UCLA Central Ticket Office.
Tickets must be ordered for EVERY ceremony you plan to attend during commencement weekend.
Students may request up to 4 complimentary tickets for the Gender Studies Department Ceremony.
You will have the option to be wait-listed for additional tickets at $12.00/each.
Order tickets for your guests ONLY - you do not need a ticket for yourself.
• Parking passes are available from the Parking Services Office prior to on on the day of the event. The closest parking structure to our venue is Sunset Village.
• Students or guests with disabilities should contact the Center for Accessible Education (310) 825-1501 voice; (310) 206-6083 TDD, after May 2nd to receive information about parking and other assistance..
On Graduation Day:
• A welcome reception beginning at 2:00pm to 2:30pm in the foyer of the Palisades Room, attendance is optional
• Graduates are requested to arrive at the Palisades Room in cap and gown for check in at 2:00pm. The Senior class photo will be taken at 2:20pm. Please be on time
• Seating is unreserved. Doors will open at 2:30pm.
• The ceremony will start promptly at 3:00pm.
• Graduates will be asked to sit together in a special separate section.